>

03 July 2004

OCD and me

I didn't actually get to eat that gallon of ice cream. Now that I consider it, I really should have. Totally. To Hades with the evil bathroom scales; their lying days are numbered...
I rather think I am becoming more and more obsessive compulsive. (Please note I have not actually been diagnosed with OCD but am just very particular about some things.) The other day at Walmart, while shopping with my best friend, we briefly stopped at the gift bag/magazine aisle (I just noticed this but isn't aisle (when pronounced phonetically) a synonym of island. Huh... who'd have thought?). She and one of our classmates from HS got to talking and I was bored. Then I noticed how many of the various gift bags were scattered on the ground potentially blocking the flow of the aisle. Bothered me immensely. So much so that I had to pick them all up and hang them on their respective hooks. Then I was bothered by the mixing of card envelopes in a little bin near some cards. Would have fixed those but my friends were already poking fun at me for the bags.
Such is the way of things. Eh, oh well. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and celebrating the Fourth of July. Should be a blast. Funny how fast the summer has flown by...

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh - at yourself. - Ethel Barrymore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home