>

08 July 2004

Pounds aren't meant for cute little creatures...

I'm totally in love with Dashboard Confessional's Vindicated. Played it at least a half-dozen times in the past hour. Good times
This isn't a new or unique thought but I really like pictures. Been looking through old family pictures lately and have realized anew that I enjoy them very much.
Now for something much more serious.
Yesterday I had to take a sweet little orange kitten to the pound. It followed Chaco, my sheltie dog, Mum, and me home from the park the night before. The most affectionate little animal I ever saw but I knew we couldn't keep it. My old cat is very territorial and would run away if we got another. So we had to get rid of the cute kitty. Our vet's office wouldn't take it (other than to put it to sleep, which would be just too cruel) so we had to condemn the poor sweetheart to the animal control pound. I felt like a murderer when they had me put it in the "cat room" which was full of other various felines, all of which looked scared and sick. The poor kitty felt safe with me and I went and delivered her straight to Hades on Earth. That place is so dirty and smelly, not to mention depressing beyond words. I almost started crying when we left. Even now I feel like a terrible person for doing that but what choice did I really have? No one I know wants or needs another cat (well, I want one but it isn't possible).
That's a rather sad note to end on but I have to stop here.
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius. -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home