>

13 September 2006

The Thing

Honestly the way I'm dressed today I wouldn't be surprised if someone signed me up for that <<>
Oh well, I like it 'cause it's comfy.
This week has been going well. Classes and stuff to keep me busy. Another trip to the grocery store, laundry, etc. The truly fun things in life, ya know?
Have you ever heard of a "thing"?? In reference to the Vikings? The real Vikings that sailed around in longboats and pillaged? Well, as I watched some sort of documentary last night with the family we were introduced to the fact that the Vikings, well, they had "thing"s. These "thing"s were their little meetings to discuss various topics, etc, and of course get their hair braided. Which villiage is good for pillaging, who has the best swords, which wench is cuter, ad nauseum. Thing. They even had a "thingville" where it is assumed that a huge "thing" happened. Isn't that hilarious??? Thing! Now everytime I use that word I'm going to be cracking up.
Another one... My biochem teacher last week... We were discussing enzymes and their various functions, formations, mechanisms, etc... (lots of boring things that I'm not sure I fully understand but we'll move on) And one of the constants in the equations was this value called the catabolic constant shortened to Kcat (with the cat as a subscript). Everytime this professor said Kcat he sounded like "kittycat", and to make it worse someone on the other side of the room started humming the theme to the kitkat bar commercials. Made enzymes no less confusing but perhaps a tad more interesting.
Skrony's snake eggs finally hatched!!! And apparently they are darling hissers.
Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I must away to my studies. Love and good wishes!
"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." - George Washington Carver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home