>

10 September 2006

what's white, burnt, and bruised all over??

So Thursday and Friday happened... the White Coat ceremony went well and I'm now a professional-looking student of pharmacy with my gorgeous, embroidered lab coat. Thank you Mum, Dad, Dave, & Pam for enduring that and supporting me. Love you guy!
The confusion of having the Tulsa kiddos here was great. The Strangers...
Saturday was mostly just hanging out and working on school stuff. Don't think I studied as much as I should have but an ounce of planning is worth a pound of procrastination which is equal to a dram of studying or something along those lines, leaving out apothecary and avoirdupois units of course. Of course.
Sunday was an hour of biochem review with the lovely P-2's who condescend to tutoring all of us pathetic newbies then practice & game of flag football. I had sooooo much fun! I never knew football was this fun!!! Plus I get to know some of my fellow pharm girls so that's good too. But the best is trying to figure out what the other team is going to do and countering it. So far I've been an offensive receiver and defensive corner (ie when we have possession of the ball I run and hope it gets thrown to me so I can score and when we don't have the ball I mill about near the front line to try to stop the girl with the ball if she's anywhere near me. That was for Mum and to remind myself when I forget later what it was that I did.) I also managed to get a kick-butt bruise on my leg to compliment the sunburn from stupidly forgetting sunscreen. I'd love to regale you with a tale of valor on the field of battle but I actually didn't get the bruise until after the game as I was retrieving my keys to leave... When I tripped over the bench of a picnic table and scrapped up the side of my knee. Really sexy, huh? Anyway, we played the varsity pharmacy girls team and tied them. I think that's darn good considering it was my team's first game EVER!!!! (We're all p-1's and 2 p-2's that have never played before!) WOO! We were good. Oh yeah!
I guess I missed some drama with, well, everyone. There was a pharm party with lots of drama Saturday night that I didn't attend. Apparently a fight or two broke out. Remember, we're in grad school? Not jr high??? And something went down with some personal friends not too long ago. Nothing so defined as a fight but apparently one/some of the kids aren't playing well with others... Who knows what's going on? I have no idea. Others are just having a hard enough time with their own little lives to deal with anything else. I'm praying for you all. May you avoid drama like the plague!!!
I'm really really tired now. Hopefully I can find a way to sleep that won't hurt my sunburn. That picture doesn't really do it justice since I'm so darn white it sort of washed it out... Well, love you all and hope you have a great week! Comment me!!! YAY!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous adoringly said...

Looks like mad scientist school to me!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home