>

09 July 2004

Country music and my arranged marriage

Marc Cohn's Walking in Memphis is play as I type this. Nice song. It's on the radio or I never would have heard it since it sounds too much like country music for my mum to deal with. She totally dislikes country music which strikes me as odd since she grew up here in Oklahoma too. How did she miss the country music/redneck gene? I know I got it to the fullest. Garth Brooks, Tanya Tucker, Shania Twain, etc, play on my CD player and radio all the time. Guess Mum just doesn't know what she's missing.

Tonight I sat on the backporch with my lovely parents (and watched the mosquitos form battle formations against me) and we talked about the various random things we always talk about, of course. But. Then it got really funny. They were jokingly (but I sometimes wonder...) about arranging a mariage for me. Good luck Mum and Dad. Never gonna happen. But they were talking about how I should find a guy that's my mum's height (4'10"). Wouldn't that be funny? I'm not nearly that short (5'4") and it would be just absurd. Then they continued about how we wouldn't need ladders to get on the roof, I could just pitch him up there. (Where this thought came from I have no clue... they must watch too much tv?) Well, that led to how he'd get down, of course. And obviously he'd just roll down and bounce on the ground like a Weeble. See what I live with? They're slightly crazy. Good thing I never inherited that gene...
If there are no stupid questions then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions? - Scott Adams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home