>

21 July 2006

Cucumbers and zombies

Been working all week. Honestly, like 6 shifts this week! Last day was yesterday with a double and I did my exit interview this morning. So much fun!
Had to go to the Library again since all the work means did lots of reading. Apparently the crew from News Channel 5 is visiting my fair hometown and having a party? Who knew??
Yum cucumber....
Did end up having to fill out FAFSA... oh well, it happens. At least I'm not as freaked out about paying for school as I was. It'll all work out.
Okay, funny story about one of my patients... He wakes up from sleeping and tells me he's talking to a bunch of old men up in Heaven and one of them has a message for me. That old man, who is not God, wants to tell me he loves me. Okay, well thanks, is all I have to say. I mean, it's not hurting me so I'll be polite. Then my pt goes on to say that the old man wants me to say I love him too. Which, okay, is weird but I say, yeah I'm sure I love him too. My pt then goes right back to sleep. A few hours later he wakes up and goes to the restroom, then returns to bed and starts talking to me again. This time someone has been talking to him (no one has been in the room except us. No one has even called. TV is off) and informs him that he's a zombie; my pt that is. So I do my best to help him feel better while also not laughing at him, reassuring that if he was a zombie they wouldn't have brought him to the hospital since there isn't anything we can do for zombies these days. He thinks about it then reiterates that "They" say he is a zombie and that I should be careful not to sit too close to him. Which is so funny but I can't laugh and make him feel bad. "Well, you don't look like a zombie and you're not acting like a zombie so I don't really think you're a zombie but if "They" say so I'll sit over here and I'll let you know if you start acting like one, okay?" Which comforts him some. He follows with, "Well, do you know how to tell when someone is a zombie? Their poop smells different, that's how." This guy was straight-faced and not kidding at all, he wanted me to go to the bathroom and smell to see if he was a zombie. Needless to say I didn't want to do that so I just said that was interesting and changed the subject to lunch, which had just arrived. Didn't hear anymore about his zombieness after that but wtf?? How weird!
Yeah, so life is exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home