>

15 January 2007

PreSemester Jitterbug


I can't believe break is almost over! Tomorrow I go back to days of classes and site visits, exams and assignments. Where did that full month of break go?
Right now I'm working on laundry and getting reorganized for school. I always underestimate how much work I put into getting organized each semester; You'd think I would get it set and leave it all neat but somehow I have a way of undoing my own organization quicker than a cyclone...
I finally settled on names for my fishy friends: Heifer and Sundance! Thank you to those who endured my machinations about such a minute detail and for the lovely suggestions. The swimmers are right now enjoying their hourly pacing up and down the side of the tank, neurotic little fishes that they are. The cat took about 10 hours to discover them that first day and the minute she did, she really did! She wanted to sit next to them (I'm sure that's all she wanted to do, right?) and got very perturbed at me for not letting her play with the pretty swimmy things. I put masking tape rolled on the surface of the table next to the tank so the next time she got up there she was very confused and not a little miffed. I don't think she's figured out anywhere else to sit to terrorize them so she just lurks on the floor, shooting me mean looks now and then.
Speaking of which, last night I was sitting on the couch talking to Skronky on the phone when all of the sudden, out of the blue and without any warning, the cat jumped up on the back of the couch and bit me on the back of my head right next to my ponytail! Then she perched at the far edge of the back of the couch looking at me like, "What? You got a problem with me? What then??" So I pushed her off (it's only about two foot to the ground) only for her to rebound two minutes later to the same place, this time purring like she just got the best meal of her life. I swear she must be psycho or something. Or maybe she's just gettting old and nuts? Whichever, blessings on all those who live with a crazy attack cat!
It's still very, very cold outside and there's ice everywhere. I think it sleeted here all day Friday, most of Saturday, and part of Sunday. I'm so glad we haven't lost power! With all this ice that's a definite possibility; It's happened before and I'm sure it will again. The dogs are enjoying this weather, silly things, since they like eating the ice! Due to the icky weather making the roads slick I haven't left the house since Friday when I went with Dad to pick Dork up at school (they got to leave early since the weather was looking bad even before noon). I can hardly wait to test the roads tomorrow for school...
Before this weather front started I got to hang out with some friends from undergrad on Tuesday. Had a good time; I'd missed getting to laugh at stupid stuff with Julia. Too bad there wasn't a Food Challenge on the telly!
I did some baking yesterday while Mum made a chicken pot pie; peanut butter cookies, cherry turnovers, and (not baked) toffee fudge. (By the end of those I was pretty much all out of creative power.) The things I call turnovers I guess are really just fruit filled pie crust pockets but isn't turnover a much shorter name? And they *could* be turned over...
Well, I suppose it's time to get back to organizing. Hope you all have a lovely week and enjoy your MLK Jr. Day off of work (if you are so lucky)!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous adoringly said...

My hovercraft is full of eels.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home