>

15 July 2004

Bonfire, horoscopes

Went to a bonfire late last night out in the country at TP's, one of my buddies from HS. He just got the cutest little kitten ever. And not many of our mutual friends were there so I played with the kitty and talked to a bunch of people I don't know. Mostly about all the trouble they get in (one time this dude accidentally set his car on fire with lighter fluid trying to impress a girl by writing her name on the ground - the idea was to light it and it would look cool. She wasn't impressed and his car was ever after a POS.) Sadly, I never did anything too bad so I was only able to laugh appreciatively at their stupid ideas-turned-into-actions. Good times. At least it was gorgeous outside.

I've been thinking lately about Horoscopes. I know I don't take them seriously but they are kinda funny to read. Here are the three I've perused for today's Tauruses:
#1. In the morning someone shifts the blame to me. I ought to stop and regroup. Don't put up with unfair play. Say as little as possible. This afternoon should be more reasonable. Late evening I should "tune up priorities" whatever that means.
#2. "Day for sweet conversations, kind connections, and people who really care about you." I have nothing to prove so should be very open and honest. I should be there for my friends in my gentle way and they'll benefit from my presence.
#3. The moon will help me get back in touch with friends. Some earthshaking news will surprise me.
Is there ever a day when putting up with unfair play is a good idea or that speaking much helps much? I would hope my friends would benefit from my being there? Can hardly wait for the earthshaking to start. Anyway, bunch of rubbish. On to real life!
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home