>

19 July 2007

Work, Sewing, Shower...

Funny how I was looking forward to a lazy summer only to find it's nearly as busy as school season! But then I have been picking my own ways of busy for the most part, not having everything scheduled for me with deadlines to keep up with and accommodate. Thank goodness for that, right?

Lots of sewing - Finished that t-shirt quilt finally!!! WOoohoooOOo! It's about lap throw sized and just perfect for cuddling under to play that darn Pinata game in the freezing exercise/game room. I won't bore with details of finishing but I did decide to tie it off at the corners and bind with a pretty, pre-made satin blanket binding ribbon. Just this morning did a quick, well, shirt for lack of a better word. It is a shirt but more like a throw-over for tank tops. Really plain grey with a wide boat neck and floaty, lettuce-leaf edge sleeves. Not at all fitted but I like it. Might try it with some variety and a pretty print...
Mum and I enjoyed a wedding shower together last Sunday for a little over an hour. Definitely a few stereotypes showed up, in full force and with banners flying. We sat on the back row (a great choice for short people, ha) and did full commentary on practically everything, ensuring that we will never be invited anywhere ever again. Oh, did I mention this for a relative? (I think I figured out that she's my second cousins' first cousin, so terribly close... Actually, we were close friends in grade school and she is truly a great person blessed with some funny relatives.) The gift I brought, etched glasses, was personalized with her soon-to-be last initial. The only catch was that I hadn't (still haven't) met the groom or really knew his last name... So I winged it based on the name from the registry, because who lies on a wedding registry? (Well, other than saying you want olive green towels when grass green would do just as well. OOO or pretending you'll ever actually use that exotic bread-maker/juicer/dicer/blender/expresso-maker combo with detachable utensils in easy-to-clean materials entirely colored chartreuse. Yeah, right.) When she opened our gift someone said, "Oh, B for Brent*" (names changed to protect the innocent) which threw me into a panic upon realizing they'd only said his first name, which started with the same letter as his last, and no one seemed to be making the connection to the last name I thought was his!!!! EEeek!!! What to do???? I waited until everyone was milling about, eating cake, sipping punch, and being funny, to catch her sister to beg what in the world the groom's last name was for, so help me, I was having an internal freak-out fest! Sigh of relief to find the crisis had been naught, just the party pooper who said, "Oh, B for Brent*" making a stupid comment scaring the daylights outta me. Quite a happenin' little shindig... Congrats to the happy couple and best wishes for a wonderful future.
Happy Thursday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home