>

04 August 2007

Week(s) in Review

Hello to a new month!
Lots to report on since my last post so long ago... (I'm a bad blogger if you can't tell.)
I think I've pretty much finished that pinata game I've been addicted to this summer. I got all 50 achievements and added 1000 points to my brother's gamer score on the xbox so woohoo for geekdom! (I think there are nefarious plans in the works to start me over on the other box to up the score there too for my dad's... haha) I find it pretty funny how goal-oriented I can be on games like that but how many works-in-progress I'll start in real life without finishing in a timely manner. (Remember my 3 years of working sporadically on that t-shirt quilt??) I currently have several projects up in the air....
Including a t-shirt quilt for Skronky. Before you gasp and call me nuts to start another one right away... His only has shirt blocks on one side with flannel for the back and no middle pieces, since he wanted it to be light (Boy, it is light too... Rather worries me how light it is... not really a blanket so much as heavy sheet weight). Plus his blocks are larger than mine were so I didn't even have to tie it as much. (Did you notice that past tense??!? Yay!) I'm almost done with his, anyway, just have to bind it once I find a store that has another of the binding I did on mine; I have most of a pack of the binding I need but need another full one since mine took one and a bit so his should need one and a half or so. Then, though I have stuff already started, I want to do up a 4 piece set of appliqued dishtowels for that boyfriend of mine just to see if I can handle appliqueing. Guess we'll see... Not much time left before school starts back again.
Baked up at least another 5 or so apple crisps... We still have apples left! No one else at my house likes muffins or I'd try a recipe I found for apple raisin muffins that sounds delicious to me. I'm getting a bit sick of apple crisp so I'm going to have to find something else to make with these green, tarty apples. (I might just try the muffins anyway and eat them all myself. It's a thought anyway)
Enjoyed the Natural History Museum near campus with Skronky, his sis, her baby, and more of her crew last weekend. Skronky's nephew obviously didn't really understand what any of the exhibits were but he was his normal happy self so it was fun to see how he reacted to the new sights. They have a big statue, bronze maybe, of a wooly mammoth attacking/being hunted by a primitive man, a woman, baby, and wolf-dog next to him. Skronky's nephew loved the wolf-dog and when we sat him on it he laughed as his dad snapped a picture! Such a hoot.
The next day we, Skronky and I, joined a few of my classmates to celebrate a birthday at the Mont. Caught up some on summer gossip and news. Not ready to head back to class quite yet but seeing my friends was a nice way to ease back into the pharmacy college mindset. Speaking of which, I recently had a planning meeting for the P1's Orientation. Looks like it should be fun if we can figure out where to have the All-School Picnic, the finale of Orientation. We've already tried the Library where we were promptly turned away as they claim to already be booked for that Friday at noon (I have my doubts... They probably just heard how wild and crazy the pharm college faculty are and didn't want such hooligans around, right?) So if anyone has a suggestion for a site on campus, near the Pharm college, with lots of shade, that might be available, please, please let me know! (For those who know campus, we're currently looking into using the pavilion between Nursing and the Apartments. Fingers crossed that works out.)
Yesterday I joined 9 of my Kappa Psi brothers to work on a house with Habitat for Humanity at their newest build community Hope Crossing! The home we were working on is almost finished so we did touch-up painting, window sealing, and hardcore cleaning to get it ready to be carpeted this weekend, followed by sod/landscaping outside, for a family to move in as soon as next weekend! The really neat part of volunteering with Habitat is working with families who are putting in hours toward their own homes someday so they think about things like, "How would I want that in my house", so they do a great job because they're interjecting themselves into each project. ("Sweat equity" is a big part of the Habitat program. If you don't know much about the program I encourage you to check it out - What they're accomplishing even just in Oklahoma is great!) Of course, you get the occasional court-mandated community service people who just want to put in their time without really caring how it looks but hopefully those are few and far between (personally, I would much rather help H4H build a house than pick up trash at the side of the road. Maybe that's just me?)
Everyone have a great weekend!! Woohoo!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home