>

09 October 2007

A Scorecard or a timesheet?

I just recently saw the music video for Alicia Keys' song "No One" - I'm really diggin' that song (though not so much the video, liked the clockwork bit but the rest... eh). "No one, no one, no one Can get in the way of what I’m feeling. I don’t worry cuz Everything's gonna be alright. People keep talking. They can say what they like. But all I know is everything’s gonna be alright." Sure she's talking about a relationship between a couple that's had some hard times but it's so positive and, to be cliche, inspiring. Everything is going to be okay. I'm not going to let other people get me down or smash my happiness. Pretty lyrics with pretty music means it scores well in my book...
Scored a 78% on that horrible Kinetics test - Woohoo for passing! Also made a 96% on the final for PDA which upped my total ending grade in that module to an 87%! Yay! (That's one of the first tests in a very long time that I've not only beaten the class average but really, truly surprised myself by how well I actually did.)
Within the last 48 hours I've thrown together not one, but two beautifully simple slideshows. No big frills, bangs, sparklers, or distracting transitions, just the information needed. Score one for the minimalist in me!
Heard Monday from one of our professors who works with the mentally disabled that a very high percent of women will, through out a lifetime, deal with her own obsessive compulsive disorder. I do believe it. I wonder what the exact stats are? I know it brings me great joy to put things in order! Men luck out with alcoholism and avoidance tendancies. Seems like everyone scores around there! (Said professor was a tad nutty - work might have rubbed off a little, huh?)
Have a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home