>

20 August 2008

Bad Company, Sad sewing machine

As I type I can hear my brother shooting bad guys on the xbox - Bad Company is the new addiction at our house. We are still baffled by some of the things the "commander" says over the "headset"... Things that sound like "Peter Taco" and "Ichi nichi". What DO those mean???
Classes start next week so I've been helping with P1 orientation recently. I'm finally more than halfway through this academic adventure - woohoo!
On the same table as my laptop sits an unhappy sewing machine. It is mad at Mum and me for unknown reasons and refuses to talk about it. Perhaps it learned a new language and is determined to only use that one, like in college language classes, that we do not understand? Maybe it feels stressed and wants a vacation? Maybe it is having identity issues and is seeking counseling outside of the home for those personal issues? Who's to say at this point but we're having a parent-teacher (um, sewer-fixer?) conference later in the week to try to address such issues. Thank goodness there are 3 other sewing machines living here to help us bridge this time of sadness and confusion.
Skronky's newest nephew was born this last Sunday! 8 pounds, 10 ounces - a big healthy boy! They're still taking suggestions on the name so forward any good ones...
Enjoyed the ropes course and leadership retreat last week. Not quite as challenging a course as last year but still pushed me outside of my comfort zone. Leaping off a telephone pole-height and width pole to grab a bandanna 4 feet away is still outside of my comfort, by the way, but I can check that off the list of things I've done.
Many other thoughts and ideas but no motivation to express them. Seems egotistical to think anyone wants to read about my musings but yet, here I am babbling on and on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home