>

10 July 2008

Keeping busy in the summertime...


I read back over a few really, really old posts just now and it hit me anew how much I've stayed the same person over the years. In my opinion my older posts are better, more entertaining, than my newer ones. Physically I feel fine but sometimes now I just feel brain-tired and can't think of anything worth reading, much less writing, about. Maybe I just drain my "creativity" into other forms leaving nothing for here?
More sewing lately... These are all from within the last 2 weeks...



And I have a dress all cut out and ready to sew up when I get a chance. (From a beautiful Christian Dior bedsheet that I found for $.99 at a local thrift store! Eeek!!)
Since previous posting I worked all of the last weekend of June. Had several hilarious calls but the best (worst??) was a guy who called to tell me he had eaten half a tube of toothpaste on toast for dessert and now he was feeling nauseous. Big surprise, huh? I figured it was a prank call and reminded him we're an emergency hotline to which he replied that he was having an emergency so I had to treat it like a "real" call. When I told him to try some dry foods like chips or crackers to help his stomach he launched into a rant at me about how he "ain't no cracker, cracker! Whatchu thinkin'??" Got him calmed down, gave some advice (including to avoid eating that much toothpaste again), and received back the tip to "don't even start eating toothpaste on toast because it tastes so good you won't want to stop!" Gracious! So, in case you had considered it, please, oh please, don't eat the toothpaste!!! It'll taste so good you won't be able to control yourself.
Happy Late Birthday to Miss Julia!!! Woohoo!!! (And Boo since I have to work during your party.)
Love to all and to all a great (early) weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home