>

17 January 2005

School, religion, war, and tires

It's Monday! MLKing Day! Yea!
Classes start tomorrow. I think my schedule is evil but the best I could get so I'm content with it. Mondays and Wednesdays are going to suck majorly so don't be surprised if I'm grumpy those days. A part of me is so aching to start RIGHT NOW and the other part is like, "Are you effing crazy? Crikey, man... Honestly, have you even looked at that fiendish course load? Urgh." So yeah, mixed feelings.
But I LOVE being back in a (real) college town. Even if I don't even leave my apartment I can tell it's a little different here. Sharice is back. I think she got here Saturday. Yea for Sharice Janice!!!!
OH! Last night, when I ought to have been asleep, I was online looking up a general summary of the Presbyterian theology. See, this all started when Julia and I went to Mass Sunday afternoon. (Good service by the way.) Got me to thinking about the differences between the Catholic beliefs and Presby ones. So I looked it up since I don't want to make up generalizations or assumptions that aren't even close to being correct. I was greatly surprised (and maybe I shouldn't have been) to find that so much of my own beliefs and views correlated with those of the PCUSA (Presbyterian Church USA). Their views on social issues, government, and, of course, faith are so like what I believe and practice. And this makes sense when one considers that I was raised predominately in the Presby church (ever since I was in Elementary school). But the strange thing is that I don't even remember those issues being discussed or taught outright. (I do remember the homosexuality issue surfacing once, since there was a nice man who wanted to be an elder and happened to be of that persuasion. I don't remember exactly what happened but I don't think he was ever on the session.) Guess encultration is subtle.
My youngest uncle, Dad's little brother who is just a year older than I am, has been sent back to Iraq for another tour (He's USMC.) His new wife and their little baby girl are staying in California on base so I won't be seeing them either. Please pray for them.
I've made up with Maroon 5 and have enjoyed them this morning. Don't know what my problem was.
My new tires still aren't in yet. I'm not happy. You hear me Justin from customer service with corks in your ears, multiple other piercings, and tons of tattoos? You said they'd be in Last Tuesday. Not this week. Urgh. I'm too impatient. Not like I really even care about getting new tires but if you say something will be in then it should be in. I can even understand a few days leeway but when it gets over a week... Whateva.

Okay, so I'm done ranting for now. Hope ya'll have a lovely week full of fun and laughter! (OOH! I found an amazingly fitting quote!)

"A religion true to its natures must also be concerned about man's social conditions. Religion deals with both earth and heaven, both time and eternity. Religion operates not only on the vertical plane but also on the horizontal. It seeks not only to integrate men with God but to integrate men with men and each man with himself." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home