>

18 March 2005

Happy Late St. Patrick's Day!

Yes, as I type this epistle I can hear in the background the droning insanity known as TechTV. Thank you Dork. I feel smarter for having heard their buzz-word-filled banter. Yet another perk of being home for break!
Mum and I made sweet and sour chicken with fried rice last night for dinner. SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! House still smells like frying chicken but it was worth it. Yum!
Visited Grandmum yesterday. More gossip; Good times. We did have some deep talk about death though which was strange yet nice. Weird, I know. And she didn't know I'd seen someone die before (since that isn't usually something you just randomly bring up in everyday conversation...). Discussed how we wanted our remains handled. Yes, the 19 yo knows better just what she wants done than the 60-something grandmum does. Guess I'm odd for having decided that stuff already?
I'm so proud of myself. I've managed to use the treadmill here at home four days this week! Didn't have time to run the days I worked but still... I kick butt! I even set the incline really high just to see if I could do it. The answer is yes but no. Yes, I can do it; no, I shouldn't unless I happen to enjoy my calves aching like fire. Which, of course, I do.
Muhahahahaha... I turned the tv channel to the salsa y merengue station (it's just music, no streaming image). I like it. Tango un lapiz amarillo. Mi mama va a trabaja a la hospital. Yo no voy esta manana. I don't know how proper my Spanish grammar is anymore but I think I got those right. Woo!
I finally saw
Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow yesterday evening. I liked it. Reminded me a little of Atlas Shrugged (mostly in the way the film was shot and the way I imagined the setting of the book would look.) I must say it again, if you can find the time you should really read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. AWESOMENESS!!! (OH! And I've heard a rumor that there might be an Atlas Shrugged movie in the works! Needless to say I'm thrilled and worried at the same time. It's highly likely that the movie will suck to high heaven and just be crappola. [sigh])
I don't really understand this picture>>> but it looked pretty funny and seems like such a good idea... Ya know Julia, I have a whole mini fridge in my room that isn't being used... muhahahaha... (Yeah, I don't know these people but they look like they're having a good time... Kinda scary actually) Just reminded me I need to take more pictures and post them more often. I'm a bad photojournalist/modern-historian/autobiographer-in-the-making. Maybe I'll take a picture trip...

Ya'll be good and have a great spring break weekend! Love and hugs ~Curious Mistiness

It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation. -Roberto Benigni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home