>

08 September 2005

ramble ramble rouser

I am so not really in the mood for writing a post but it's been so long that I really feel that I should anyway. Sorry if this isn't my best ever...
Yoga today was nice. My shoulders are going to be sore tomorrow but a nice sore. Darn dog pose.
Red pants. I don't know how I feel about these red pants I'm wearing. I think I like them but then I think about it again and I don't like them. Makes me feel a little bipolar or something since I just can't make up my mind. I don't have this problem with jeans. So much simpler.
Got my teeth cleaned yesterday. No cavities or anything bad. Now if only they could make them less like Mr. Dink-teeth and more like normal-person teeth. But whatever.
Driving through traffic yesterday I got held up on the highway while some idiots did stupid stuff causing traffic to (sometimes) go an amazing 25 miles an hour. The only reason I mention this is because as I sat there waiting I saw a pretty Monarch butterfly drift over the cars and trucks, ignoring us and enjoy his day. Made me smile. Life goes on around us.
I'm to this strange point in my little life... I'm happy. And I'm content with being mostly mediocre. I've come to realize that there is absolutely nothing that I excelle at more than anyone else in this big world and that I'm okay with this. I don't have to be the best. It isn't about comparison or contest. It's just life and meant to be lived. Simple and complex as that.
Also, I haven't been to a church of my own denomination in at least a year other than for a wedding. I haven't been to a real church service of any kind for around six months. All this just to say that despite my apparent lack of committment, I feel closer to God than I had for a while. A long while. Not that I ever got too terribly far away. But now I feel at peace with my situation and catch myself saying little prayers throughout the day at the most random times, about the most random things. I like it. Hope this lasts.
Love to you all and Happy Thursday!!!!
"While we are postponing, life speeds by."- Seneca

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous adoringly said...

Ok, I think i'm the first highschool student ever to get a facebook. its wierd cause noone is on it...

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home