>

31 October 2005

Happy Halloween!

Yeah, I was going to dress up for class since today is Halloween and all... But have you looked outside??? It's so cloudy and, rain! OOOH! Rain! So none of that whole, fun dressing up nice stuff.
I do need to do laundry very soon though or else it will look like Halloween this whole week... since the clothes in my closet that I usually don't wear, well, there's a reason I don't usually wear them. But yeah. Fun times.
Had a great weekend. Mum, Dad, and Dork visited Saturday and Dad finally got to see the house in all its semi-decorated glory. Then, just five minutes after they left, my aunt and uncle showed up!!! I didn't even have to go home to see family! Later in the evening Julia's sister showed up! WOW, huh? Never rains but it pours...
Worked a shift yesterday at Children's. Same patient as last weekend so we got along well and survived 8 hours of each other. I watched more Disney Channel yesterday than I think I've watched in, oh, years! And for some reason she liked Law & Order too. Weird. I think it's okay and all but I wouldn't think a 14yo girl would like it, would you??? After she fell asleep I watched Grey's Anatomy. Liked that pretty well. Could have done with less of a sad side story but, hey, it was good anyway. And I was introduced to the term "banana bag" which I assumed meant a IV of potassium chloride or some sort of IV with potassium in it anyway. [One of the interns had been out drinking and then got called in when there was a terrible train wreck so her Resident or the head of the dept (I haven't watched long enough to know who is who yet fully) told her to get hooked up to a banana bag and sit out until her tox report came back clear.] Wow that was a lot of rambling about a show I've only seen maybe 3 or 4 episodes of.
I don't know what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe just hand out candy to kids who are brave enough to still go trick or treating. That sounds nice. (And my spanish evening class was canceled bc my prof wanted to take her kids out herself! No complaints from me about it.)
Saturday when Julia and I went to dinner with my aunt and uncle... There were 4 or 5 barely teenage boys cavorting around with a to-go box that kept meowing like the cat ringtone on my phone. They kept telling it to be quiet and then they'd all go off in fits of giggles. Was actually kinda funny, not so much the "cat in a box" part but the silly kids giggling at their oh-so-funny joke.

Well, hope ya'll have a great, safe, productive Halloween!!! Love ya!

There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world. - Jean Baudrillard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home