>

15 May 2007

Calm After the Raging, Tearing Storm


I am officially a second year student in pharmacy college!!! P2, Woohooo!!!!
(I am only getting around to writing these words now since I just got the email today that allowed me to breath a sigh of relief that I won't have to do summer school for making a very, very high "D" in a course [The course I had the appointment with a professor to talk about studying/old exam questions I missed]!!! They had to change the point scale because the class as a whole did not exceed expectations on the final... and with this new point break 7% of the class made a D/F, 7% made an A, 26% made a B, and the remaining ~60% ended the course with a C. Crikey!)
This issue has been plaguing me since Friday when I graded my take-home score sheet at home that afternoon after taking my last final only to find that I missed a couple more than I could to still make a C in the course. I'll admit that I had a bit of a personal temper tantrum but kept it to a low decibel level since my young cousins were downstairs (i.e. I couldn't shout profanities without being a horrible influence on young minds). Moped around for a while before heading off to pester Skronky with my sulky presence. Managed to eat way too much Chinese takeout to try to drown (choke?) my sorrows... then added in a single wine cooler which lead to a gastric disaster of the ralphing kind... so yeah, Friday was just wonderful! Yay! (Many thanks to Mum and Skronky for being so understanding/putting up with me so well)
Saturday was nice and slow. Enjoyed some lovely Greek cuisine at The Greek House in Norman - Skonky and I had set eating there once this semester as a goal and hadn't fulfilled such yet since we were both so busy and they're not open on Sundays. But their food is sooo good that the wait was worth it! Yay! That evening we cooked out on Skronky's grill - pineapple, our own recipe for chicken, and baked potatoes. Delicious!
Sunday was lunch at
Bison Witches (also sooo good! I love good food if you hadn't noticed!) and then a flurry of cleaning at home for my family birthday dinner that evening. Got to catch up with everyone and play Apples to Apples; More good food! Yay for belated birthdays!!!
Messed around home yesterday until mid-afternoon then spent some quality time with a few old OU friends. (I love ya'll! I'm really going to miss some Sooners who are leaving my pretty little state...) Guitar Hero was never rocked so hard...
Ordered a new cell phone (before my old one falls apart) as my birthday present from my parents today so this particular Tuesday has been a blessed one in many ways; with good news, a present, and people I love. Yay for summer!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home