>

30 July 2004

Wedding receptions suck

Okay. Got off work early today. Feeling peckish since have to go to a wedding reception tonight. I ought to be ecstatic for them, they really are nice and lovely, but I just get so bored at these things. Crikey. I'm not terribly close to the couple, he works for my mum; she calls him her second son (that's how close they are). Well, I'll just deal with it and hope they have an open bar... j/k
Did everyone hear about Francis Crick? (DNA, Double-helix, James Watson, Nobel, etc...) He died just this week (July 28th, I think) of cancer at the age of 88. Isn't that sad? To be honest I didn't know he was still alive but it's sad none the less. He really helped progress the medical/scientific worlds. He surely kicked butt. (BTW James Watson is still around; in mid-70's)
I'm going to stop here. I'm being weird and am thinking of finding some chocolate to remedy myself (or get to where I just don't care). Have a gorgeous weekend ya'll!

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Emerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home