>

24 May 2005

Teeth Don't Explode

Whoa. Summer is busy. Also crazy. Much like the rest of the year... Hmmm... Would seem to indicate that one should not be fooled by location changes nor weather's fickleness.
I've been working a ton. And when not working I'm trying to find something else to keep me occupied. I honestly go nuts when I'm not busy doing something. During those long months of classes and lab reports I dreamed of a day when I could just sit back and do nothing. I should have known better. I just can't do that. I start planning things in my head or I look for something to clean, someone to visit or errands to run. Funness indeed (indead).
Had some of the world's best fried chicken again this last Saturday. OH SO WONDERFUL! Eishen's is just next door to heaven (though please don't be confused; Okarche is not exactly the best place to find the pearly gates. They're more likely to be wrought iron there. [Oh, I am so funny...])
I've only gotten to play tennis with the Dork a couple of times this past week. I do think we're getting better but perhaps that is only to be expected. When you're at the bottom there's nowhere to go but up, right?
Saturday my aunt brought me over a belated birthday gift in the form of some funny old hats. They're hilarious. (I'll try to get pics up soon.) Really quite a treat. It's almost comical how little it takes to make me laugh/happy.
Got to visit with Dawn Friday. If you know her situation and would like news let me know. There's no point hashing it out here to strangers. (And super strange ones too. Muhahahahaha)
Looked up my grades since they've just been recently posted. C's in MBIO and OChem II, B's in Chem and Mbio labs as well as Physio. I'm not terribly happy with my new GPA, since it now sucks, but I suppose it's good enough for me. Maybe I could have studied harder, gone out doing fun things less, or just not worked at all and thus done better in my classes but it seems there's a point I hit where it takes a ton more work to do amazing or hardly any effort to keep the status quo. Thus I pick mediocraty and live with a dismal GPA.
Still no word from Pharm school. I think they forgot about me. Maybe I should take up fencing. It sounds pretty interesting. Or I could move to France and spend all day getting lost since I don't know any French (other than "Good morning"). Joining Green Peace might be pretty life-changing/mind-opening in a good way (nevermind that I have no talents they might possibly be able to utilize. Playing volleyball, cooking mac & cheese, and being really, really good looking don't seem to be high on their list of most wanted professional skills. Go figure.) Guess I'll think on it some more and get back to ya'll.
Now I'm off to find something else to do. Have a lovely Tuesday!
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected." ~From Chapter 13 of East of Eden by John Steinbeck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home