>

14 November 2005

Rant 6

Work went well yesterday. Long but liveable. And I'm doing okay. Really. For those who call me at strange hours to make sure of it, yes, I'm doing fine.
I watched Home Alone and the Wizard of Oz yesterday at work... I'd forgotten many parts of both, which strikes me as strange since I know for a fact I've seen both about a milllion times, though not in years. I had forgotten why the mean witch-woman wanted to take Toto (she went to the sheriff and told him Toto bit her, she had some kind of writ saying she could take Toto to have him "disposed of"). I do remember thinking Glenda the Good Witch wasn't really that pretty but she still says only bad witches are ugly. Home Alone wasn't nearly as funny as it used to be.
Jarrett- I am totally jealous about Harry Potter!!! Hmmm maybe I can con my little bro into going with me... lol. There's a word verification thing on here because I had about ten spam comments in a row around August and decided to say "boowah" to them. Sorry if it's a pain for ya'll but having to go through and delete comments that are retarded isn't my favorite pastime.
Rant 6... From Emerson's Intellect, "The angels are so enamored of the language that is spoken in heaven that they will not distort their lips with the hissing and unmusical dialects of men, but speak their own, whether there be any who understand it or not." I'm not feeling terribly inspired today but I'll try...
This one makes me smile. Reminds me of a conversation on God's Laughter. (Which, on a side note, isn't that just a lovely thought? God laughing? You know he must! Just look at how goofy life is, I mean, platypuss anyone??)
Somehow this also makes me think of/feel hope, like heaven is so wonderful you won't even care that you're not on earth anymore. Or maybe that's just for the angels since they're the ones speaking the heavenly tongue. (I'm still sad from learning that, according to some doctrines, humans can never become angels... That was going to be my best chance at wings!) But that's still a comforting thought.
It also gives advice to the rest of us; Speak your mind. Even if others don't understand, you'll be one step closer to heaven.
Well, that's my rant for the day. Happy Monday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home