>

03 February 2008

Coping mechanisms are often pretty

Been terribly busy. Mostly with school.
I've started babysitting Marie on Monday nights while her mom is in evening classes. She's a hoot and at four years old she keeps me on my toes (which is very tiring after a day at school). We made cookies this last week. They were supposed to be like roll and stamp out with a cookie cutter but ended up wayyyy too soft for that so we threw the dough at the cookie sheet. So much fun.
On Wednesday I cut out a shirt pattern and sewed it up Friday night... I'm fairly pleased with my first try. It's from a scrap of red and black fabric my grandmum sent over in a box of rejects from her fabric collection so it was perfect for a first try. I am certain there will be more in the future...
Was studying up at my undergrad campus Saturday evening... I guess I had forgotten the Library closes at ten so when they kicked me out I headed to the Union. There was a wedding reception going on up on the third floor! I studied a few more hours and happened to be leaving just as the bride and groom descended the stairs to leave for the night as well. Wouldn't that be a funny place to hold a wedding and reception? I think the Great Reading Room would be pretty during the day for a wedding ceremony but for the reception? Eh... The ballroom at the Union probably wouldn't be among first picks, for me anyway. Too many other people around, and, hey, it's campus where stressful studying happens! Anyway... Congrats to the happy couple though and thank you for the music to study by (I studied in the lounge just below the ballroom).

Hope everyone has a beautiful week! Remember to breathe and smile!

Don't rush. There is a perfect moment for everything we do. ~Theognis

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home