>

05 August 2004

Fixed sidebar, Sugar tea, Dawn, catiwampus, dialysis...

Howdy! (wow! I haven't written since Monday! Busy at home/visiting grandmum Tuesday, worked all day Wednesday, finally back today! Yea!)
Nuthing much happenin' 'round these here parts... Ye haw! 'Ceptin' Dork helped me fix the evil sidebar thing-a-ma-jig! Let's all give him a round of applause! He sure deserves it, along with my thanks.
Right now I'm enjoying drinking real-sugar tea and, boy, is it great. Been dealing with that splenda junk lately and thus decided to take a break into heathendom by making my sweet tea with regular old sugar! Oh Yeah!
Not sure she wants the world knowing but Dawn's truck got totaled yesterday. She was out picking up pizza and some woman rear-ended her, sending her truck upside-down. She's alright, just a few bruises, and, thankfully, she didn't have Marie with her so the little angel is perfectly fine. (side note: Marie just started crawling! Yea!) Dawn stopped by today and visited for a bit. She's doin' alright overall. Still, if you remember to, I'd appreciate a prayer or two for her. Thanks.
I'm trying to decide if I should make a baby quilt for my aunt and uncle (baby girl due in a couple of weeks). My biggest concern is that I won't have it done in time for the baby shower which is fast approaching (not sure on exact date). That and I don't know what print of fabric to use. When I made Marie's I knew exactly what to do since I know Dawn so well (pretty much whatever I would like would be perfect) but my aunt married into the family just last November and I still don't know her all that well so I am at an impasse on the fabric issue. Crikey! I'll just do it and she can give it away if she doesn't like it, right? Thanks for helping me decide.
Is catiwampus a word you've ever used or heard? I used it appropriately yesterday at work and was ridiculed for said usage. I think it is a legitimate word, or at least accepted okie slang or something, right? When something isn't as it should be, a bit askew or such, and you don't want to say it's F***ed up, well, isn't catiwampus a nicer alternative?
I learned yesterday how a dialysis machine works. Pretty neat, much like a normal kidney but not, obviously. Still, never want to have to have that done to me. Sucks and takes an extreme amount of time (3.5 hours yesterday). Good times...
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
-W.B. Yeats


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home